Saturday, October 30, 2010

Thang #22 - Staying current

How am I going to keep up with Web 2.0 and Library 2.0?

I have noticed as I've moved through the "Things" that a number of the links are no longer active - additional proof, I suppose, that technology stands still for no one (not even for followers of the 23 Things tutorial)! As a librarian and a public library director, I need to listen to the patrons and staff, be aware of the needs they express in terms of technology, and admit that I have as much (or more) to learn from them than they may learn from me. I need to continue to encourage my staff to move forward in terms of continuing education and promote a climate where continuing ed opportunities are viewed as incentives for great performance. Success breeds success!

No comments:

Post a Comment